Frequently asked questions
- How to give to electricity seller the permission to access to company’s consumption data?
- To make individual price offers seller needs to know the information about customer’s metering points’ addresses and historical consumption data in these metering points. According to the law only authorized person can get this information from system operator Elering AS, that collects and stores electricity consumption data of all the customers in Estonia.
Before you receive price offer or conclude the contract, you need to give us the permission to access to your consumption data. There are 2 ways to do it:
- Via Elering AS home page:
- Open www.elering.ee and click “e-elering” in the upper left corner of the page.
- Choose the authentication channel that you want to use (mobiil-ID, ID-card, Smart-ID or via bank) and get authorized.
- Select the subsection “Share data”, and then “Sellers of electricity”.
- You can give the right of access to your consumption data to one seller individually or to all sellers at once. Select the appropriate electricity seller(s) and add the validity of the right of access (max. five years).
- Click the “Add” button. On the right side of the page you will see to which seller(s) you have given the right of access.
- Digitally signed permission can be sent to our e-mail email@example.com with the following text: I, …name& surname…, member of a Board/ authorized person of …company name…, give my permission to INTER RAO Eesti OÜ workers to get from Elering AS consumption data of …company name… with the purpose to receive price offer and conclude electricity purchase contract. Permission is valid until ….
- Via Elering AS home page:
- When does electricity contract come into force?
- An electricity contract generally comes into force from the first day of the month, and it must be signed at least 21 days before the beginning of the month. For example, if you want the contract to come into force from January 1st, then it must be signed no later than on December 10th. There is an exception if the new network contract and electricity contract are both signed on the same day. In this case they will both come into force from the same day. For example, if you sign new network contract and electricity contract on March 20th, both contracts will come into force from March 21st.
- How to change electricity seller?
- Electricity seller can be changed once a month. The process takes 21 days and comes into force with the start of the next calendar month.
- Termination and expiry of the contract
- To terminate the electricity contract, the termination notice must be submitted at least 30 calendar days before the date you would like to end the contract. Signed application can be sent to our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by ordinary post to address Peterburi tee 47-206, Tallinn, 11415 Estonia.
Business customers may be charged a termination fee if the contract is a fixed-term contract. This applies to contracts with fixed or combined price where it was agreed to fix electricity price fully or partly. Termination fee depends on how long before the end date you wish to terminate the contract. You do not have to pay termination fee if you have open-ended contract or if in particular metering point network contract ends at the same time as electricity contract.